Assyrian Aid Society الخيرية الشورية الجمعية
”Organization in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council since 2011
List of humanitarian activities undertaken by Assyrian Aid Society Iraq since the fall of Nineveh (Mosul) on 10th June 2014
1. Distributing urgent humanitarian aids to (250) family in Nineveh Plain (Alqosh, Telkeif and
Sand mosorike)harafiya). The distribution included food packages.
2. In coordination with the Chaldoassyrian Youth and student union, distributing drinking water
and soft drinks to the people waiting in rows to enter Duhok.
3. Distributing humanitarian aids to the IDPs in Ba’shiqa, Bahzani, Mar Matti Monastery, Shekhan
and the surrounded areas, the distribution included food packages to (150) family.
4. Distributing humanitarian aids to (75) family in the Monasteries of Baghdeda which included
food packages and drinking water.
5. Cooperation in distributing drinking water in Karemlesh for one week.
6. Distributing humanitarian aids to (185) family in Tellisqof, Nineveh Plain, funded by Assyrian
Without Borders from Sweden.
7. Housing (38) family in AASI Building and providing them with the necessary needs.
8. A relief program for (110) family in Ein Sifni area\ Shekhan district, which included a food
9. A relief program for (100) family in Ankawa, who went to the Assyrian Women Union and
Youth Union’s buildings.
10. A relief program for (110) family in Sumel area (Sorka, Bakhitme, Sheiz and Mosorike).
11. Implementing a relief program for (300) family in Sapna area (villages of: Sarsing, Badaresh,
Enishke, Bebad, Tin… etc).
12. Implementing a relief program for (200) family in Aqra and Nahla areas.
13. Implementing a relief program for (42) family in Domeez and Mar Marsai Church.
14. Implementing a relief program for (300) family Duhok City centre.
15. Buying drinking water for those families.
16. Implementing a relief program for (60) family in Pirozawa, Ein Biqri, Karanjo and Dashqotan
17. Implementing a relief program for (30) family in Duhok for the Syria Chaldean Church.
18. In cooperation with (ACERO), implementing a relief program for (60) family, including Shabak
19. Implementing a relief program for (210) family in Telkeif.
20. Implementing a relief program for (75) family in Batnaye.
21. Implementing a relief program for (10) families in Bakhitme.
22. Digging (2) wells in Baghdeda.
23. Digging a well in Karemles.
24. Digging a well in Batnaye.
25. A relief program for (75) family in Duhok center by the support of the Assyrian Cultural Centre.
26. A relief program for the (30) families in AASI dorms.
27. A relief program for (93) family in Karemles and bartella.
28. A relief program for (150) family in Aqra area by the support of SALT Foundation from Holland.
29. A relief program for (60) family n Sarsing and Badaresh by the support of SALT Foundation
30. A relief program for (302) family in Barwari bala villages by the support of SALT Foundation
31. A relief program for (45) family in Babad village by the support of SALT Foundation from
32. By the support of the (Christian Endowment of Christians and other religions), a relief program
for (1500) family.
33. A relief program for (150) families in Aqra area and surrounded villages, by the support of SALT
Foundation from Holland. Aug. 13th, 2014
34. A relief program for (160) families in Erbil, Ankawa, who are housed in the headquarters of the
Assyrian Women Union, Youth Union, Akito Secondary school and Ankawa secondary school.
Aug. 13th, 2014
1. All these relief programs included the following materials: (Rice, Sugar, Cooking oil, Spaghetti, Tea,
Milk, bulgur, chickpea, cheese, detergent powder and Soap).
2. AASI, in coordination with all its partners inside and outside Iraq, will continue implementing these relief
Main Office: Duhok city center, Local phones: 062 7624037, 062 7624038, Mobiles: 0750 4173402 – 0770 1606959
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.assyrianaidiraq.org
Our aim is to come together as Christians, no matter what denomination we are from, and show love and support for those suffering through the hardship that is currently being experienced in the Middle East.
This will be a PEACEFUL march to unite all our people together and show our leaders if we can do it, they can do it. Please join us and let’s make a difference! Everyone is welcome to come.
When: Saturday 12th July 2014
Where: Martin Square on Macquarie Street, off Martin Place.
Time: 12pm – 2pm
What to bring: Peaceful banner signs, a bottle of water, the allocated t-shirts that were sold for charity for this march or just wear something white.
Donations: All donations collected on the day and money raised from the the t-shirts will go to organisations such as Assyrian Aid Society Australia & associates in Iraq to help the Assyrian refugees who have fled their homes in Mosul to North of Iraq, who are in need of food, clothing and shelter.
Transportation: Trains can be taken to Martin place station. Bus routes to the city, Town Hall, Circular Quay or Wynyard will provide convenient access to the Court. Parking stations near to the Law Courts Building are
1. Theatre Royal, MLC Centre, 120 King Street 2. Chifley Tower, 2 Chifley Tower, Hunter Street 3. The Domain, Sir John Young Crescent 4. Rear of Sydney Eye Hospital, Hospital Road 5. Shakespeare Place, off Hospital Road, outside Mitchell library (4 spaces).
Further to our Appeal for help for Assyrians living in Iraq, we continue to request your urgent assistance as the crisis in Iraq worsens.
The Information evening held by Assyrian Aid Society -Australia in conjunction with Assyrian Democratic Movement (Zowaa, Sydney, Australia) at Assyrian Sports and Cultural Club on 22 June 2014 was an absolute success! We were touched by the generosity and kindness of Assyrians and non-Assyrians in support of this most worthy cause. We would like to thank all who attended the evening and donated so graciously and our sincere gratitude go to all who have donated through AAS-Au website. Your kindness will not be forgotten.
Sadly, the situation in Iraq worsens and our people continue to need your help, now more so than ever. Our Appeal for your help continues.
Each family fleeing their homes in Iraq and taking refuge in nearby cities/towns requires approximately $100 each week to survive. Please spare whatever you can each week to assist with the ongoing needs of these Assyrian families.
You can provide immediate assistance to our people fleeing from Nineveh (Mosul) and other cities and towns in North Iraq by making a donation as follows:
• By credit card or direct deposit via AAS-Au website: www.assyrianaidsociety.org
• Alternatively, please mail cheques, payable to Assyrian Society Australia, to PO Box W144 Fairfield West 2165.
For further information about how you can help and make a difference, please contact Nenos Shemoon AAS-Au treasurer on +61 408 965 763, Please support our people in Iraq.
Help us to Help them.
Assyrians also known as (Chaldean, Syriac) in Iraq need your urgent assistance due to the current crisis in Iraq. Consequently, Assyrian families are escaping the violence in the Nineveh (Mosul) by the hundreds and seeking refuge in nearby towns.
In response to the crisis, The AAS-Australia in conjunction with Assyrian Democratic Movement (Zowaa, Sydney, Australia) are hosting an information fundraising evening at Assyrian Sports and Cultural Club, 52-58 Stanbrook Street, Fairfield Heights, on Sunday 22 June 2014 from 4 pm to 7 pm.
We urge all Assyrians to attend the evening including individuals, families, Church delegates and their members, and associations.
In the meantime, you can provide immediate assistance to our people fleeing from Nineveh (Mosul) by making a donation as follows:
By credit card or direct deposit via AAS-Au website: www.assyrianaidsociety.org
Alternatively, please mail cheques, payable to Assyrian Society – Australia, to PO Box W144 Fairfield West 2165.
For further information, please contact The President of Assyrian Aid Society – Australia, June Jako on 0419 445 782. Or, please contact George Adam, on 0410 075 820.
Please support our people in Iraq by joining us on 22 June 2O14 at the Assyrian Sports and Cultural Club. Help us to help them.